St Chads Church & Community Centre
St Chad’s Meadowbank Church and Community Centre is looking for a Parish and Facility Administrator, to provide administration, office support and liaison for parish activity and facility rental arrangements.
This is a pivotal and varied role supporting an active and vibrant church and community centre. It would suit an energetic and diligent person with high attention to detail, who enjoys administering multiple tasks and liaising with church members, facility users and a small staff team. This role is 30-plus hours per week (ideally including Sunday mornings) and will commence in January 2020.
RESPONSIBILITIES / ATTRIBUTES:
To complete Parish administrative tasks as required; including but not limited to:
· Manning the reception desk, greeting visitors
· Answering calls, responding to enquiries as appropriate
· Processing incoming/outgoing notices, correspondence & mail
· Preparing newssheets and presentations
· Collating Parish rosters
· Preparing & circulating Vestry agenda and associated paperwork
· Administration Committee – prepare agenda, attend, and record minutes
· Providing basic bookkeeping assistance, incl receiving & processing receipts & invoices, banking.
· Liaise with Trust Management to ensure required information flow e.g. regarding staff contracts and bookkeeping.
· Maintaining membership database and Diocesan statistical records
· Assisting in community grant applications as appropriate
· Maintaining supplies
· Attend and participate in team meetings as required
· Participate in miscellaneous tasks, projects and special events as required from time to time
Church & Community Centre Facilities
· Managing facility enquiries & bookings; incl rental invoicing & payments
· Liaising with suppliers/contractors as required and/or directed; incl cleaners, security providers, tradesmen
· Advising Vestry of equipment and building/facility issues; incl repairs & maintenance & compliance
· Assist in ensuring technical AV and sound equipment is functioning well – fixing faults where able or arranging support.
· Maintain required Health & Safety records and communicate H&S requirements to facility users.
· Actively maintaining positive interactions and collaboration with Vicar, Vestry, staff, volunteers and Parish members.
· Ideally be available during weekly Sunday morning church service time (as part of paid working hours).
· Show self-motivation in training & development
· Actively participate in offered development
If you would like to apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.